Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Riding Course Competition

On Saturday morning, all of the EMM trainers participated in the Riding Course portion of the competition. This consisted of leading your horse into the arena, mounting, walking over a bridge, trotting a serpentine, trotting into a box, executing a 360 degree turn in both directions, backing through an "L", then cantering in both directions including a simple lead change. This sounded challenging and I was worried about how we'd do! I was pleased when Sangria performed well to my requests - it actually felt like she was competitive!

After our ride, there was a news crew waiting to interview us as soon as we exited the arena. My boyfriend, JC and I were included in that evening's news report about the Extreme Mustang Makeover. Here's the link to the news video: http://www.kcra.com/news/19750449/detail.html

Here are some pictures from our Riding Course competition. Doesn't Sangria look great? Stay tuned for the conclusion of the competition to see if we made it to the Top 10 Finals! :)






3 comments:

  1. I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU AND SANGRIA!!! *HUGS* from WA State, I'm one of your new volunteers! - Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so I could not stand the torture of not knowing the outcome so I cheated and looked! LOL. Not spilling the beans here though.

    Did you meet Randall Davis or remember him. What did you think of him? If he is the same guy, about 6 feet 4 and very slim. I liked him when he was up in Boring. He is who I sent Dancer to for halter training. I see he is in Colorado now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you are keeping me in suspense here.
    I have been wondering what happened with the rest of the story.
    Did Sangria get adopted, did you keep her???

    ReplyDelete