Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Slow & Easy Progress

Sangria is progressing with ease. She accepts everything willingly and seems to enjoy each new task. She often gets anxious and has to 'move her feet' - standing still is not something she's comfortable with yet.

Yesterday we worked on sending and leading (she leads exceptionally well now, but if she's scared of something, she has no problem plowing right into you to evade what is scary). We brought the mounting block out and then I worked on leaning over her back. She had no problem with me or where I was. What a good girl.

Time was limited last night, so we ended quickly. However, with the colder than usual weather here, as well as rain and snow, I decided to put a waterproof thin blanket on her. She has quite the winter coat, and probably doesn't need the blanket, but I can't help but wonder if the wetter climate here in Washington is quite a change or her. She was fine with the blanket going on and didn't even care about me putting the hind leg straps on. Good girl.

I even got brave and took her halter off last night. Hopefully this won't be an issue when I go to catch her today. I don't think it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment